Review of expert witness fees and what you can expect to pay per hour including the total cost for testifying in a court case. I've also listed the resume of an accomplished internet expert that offers his services to law firms around the world.
This information was presented in an exhibit of a lawsuit between Jemal Ahmed and Elias Kifle. Ahmed sued Kifle and won, but not without a long drawn out court battle. The lawsuit was over a bad review (defamation) and that bad review cost Kifle a total of: $428,910.00
- $145,210 in compensatory damages
- $ 50,000 in punitive damages
- $233,700 in attorneys' fees and costs ((583 Hours x $400 per hour) + $500 in costs)
So we know how much the attorneys' charged but what about the expert witness? The fees for the internet expert witness were $450 per hour! Yes, that's right, it pays more to be an expert witness than it does an attorney considering the time put in. If you think that's a big fee, then consider that a Financial Forensics Expert will run you $595 per hour (Don Raulerson).
It cost Ahmed a total of $24,031.60 (approximately 54 hours) to hire an expert witness.
Want to see an expert witness testimony?
Below is the resume of the internet expert witness used in the lawsuit I refer to above which should give you an idea of qualifications and education of such a witness.
Craig Kronenberger is being used as an Expert Witness in Case # No. 1:14-cv-00714-AT. Mr. Kronenberger is a Search Engine Management expert. Mr. Kronenberger is expected to testify regarding (1) the alteration of emails, including, but not limited to, the altered emails referenced in Plaintiff’s Motion to Disqualify David M. Lilenfeld and Lilenfeld, PC; and (2) Search Engine Optimization (“SEO”), including, but not limited to, the negative SEO performed by Defendant, SEO in general, the impact of SEO on businesses, and the likely impact on Plaintiffs of the negative SEO performed by Defendant.
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (404) 808-4309
Craig Kronenberger currently serves as Global Managing Director of Strategic Growth at Edelman, the world's largest public relations firm, with more than 5,000 employees in 65 cities, as well as affiliates in more than 35 cities. Within Edelman, Craig is responsible for leading global teams in the areas of Search Engine Management, Digital Crisis and Risk, Paid Media, Research and Insights. Craig's primary focus is around the promotion and protection of reputations for brands, organizations, executives and individuals.
Previously to Edelman, Craig held managing positions with iCrossing and Digitas/Modem Media where he led search engine management strategy for brands such as Delta Airlines, Home Depot, Sony, Coca-Cola, CNN and Marriott. At Digitas-Modem Media, Craig was named Global Practice Lead for Search Marketing , and he was instrumental in building search practices in Europe and Asia. Craig's digital marketing experience also includes search marketing strategy and global governance for Hewlett Packard, Coca-Cola, Unilever, Kraft and General Motors.
- BFA in Electronic Media in 1994, University of Cincinnati
- Distilled Search Engine Optimization University (On-going)
July 2014 -Current
Global Managing Director, Strategic Growth
January 2012 -July 2014
Global Managing Director, Search Marketing
July 2010 -January 2012
Managing Director, Southeast Digital
- Good Egg Studios
July 2007 -July 2010
Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer
- Agency.com / iCrossing
January 2006 -June 2007
Vice President, Managing Director
- Modem Media / Digitas
January 2002 -January 2006
Vice President/Global Practice Lead Search Engine Marketing
- Spunky Productions
March 1998 -January 2002
Co-Founder, Chief Marketing Officer
January 1993-February 1998
Vice President of Interactive Media
- Ryan Partnership
January 1991 -December 1992
Brand Reputation Management Experience
|Coca-Cola||January 2006-June 2007||Monopolistic business practices and labor issues in Mexico||Search Engine Management, Crisis and Reputation|
|General Electric||March, 2011||Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant||Search Engine Management, Crisis and Reputation|
|Hyundai||2013-2014||EPA settlement around MPG rating change||Paid Media, Search Engine Management, Crisis and Reputation|
|Juice Plus||July 2010-present||Negative health impacts of products||Paid Media, Search Engine Management, Crisis and Reputation|
|Laser Spine Institute||July 2010-present||Lawsuits surrounding back surgery||Paid Media, Search Engine Management, Crisis and Reputation|
|Ghirardelli||July-December 2014||False advertising class action lawsuit||Paid Media, Search Engine Management, Crisis and Reputation|
|ITT||August-December 2011||Demerger of company into three seperate companies||Paid Media, Search Engine Management|
|PayPal||December 2014-2015||Global crisis and reputation preparedness||Search Engine Management, Paid Search|
Executive/Individual Reputation Management Experience
|Individual/Executive||Date||Reputation Issues / Opps||Services|
|HP: CEO||March-June 2013||Promoting communications strategy||Search Engine Management, Content Creation & Social Media|
|PayPal: Vice President, Global Brand and Communications Officer||April-August, 2014||Negative media surrounding former employee||Search Engine Management, Content Creation & Social Media|
|Low Taek Jho, International Entreprenuer||October-December, 2013||Promotion of personal brand and suppression of negative content||Search Engine Management, Content Creation|
|ITT: CEO||August-December 2011||Promotion of new role and company||Search Engine Management, Paid Media, Content Creation Social Media|
- PGi eBook-"The Future of Busienss Colloboration" December 4, 2014
- Edelman Editions -"How Discoverable Is Your Brand Online" June 15, 2012
- Edelman Editions -"Google Search+Your World " January 14, 2012
- Flagler College, March 10, 2011
- Georgia Institute Technology, Living Games World, December 3, 2008
- Florida Public Relations Society, November 15, 201 Mobile Marketing
- AIMA -August 2011
- FP RA Globa I Conference, August 8, 2011
- Florida Dept. of Education/STEM, April 27, 2012
- Technology Association of Georgia, May 29, 2007
- AICPA, November 13, 2012
- Southern Interactive Entertainment & Game Expo, October 4, 2009
- Center for Sustainable Journalism, SoCon2011, February 4-5, 2011
- The Wharton-Kellogg-London Breakfast Series, April 23, 2009
- Bold Ventures TV, December 28, 2009
- TechDrawl, October 2, 2009
- AIMA, Search Marketing Feb 19, 2007
- Member SEMPO: SEM PO is a global non-profit organization serving the search engine marketing industry and marketing professiona Is engaged in it
- Member SEMPO Research Committee
- Member AIMA: AIMA is a non-profit organization in Atlanta focused o interactive marketing professionals.
- Former Board Member and Chair for Search Marketing SIG
- Edelman Global Training: SEM
- Edelman Hamburg Principles Training
- ClientTraining and Search Workshops: AIMIA, Sabre, Disney, Juice Plus, Laser Spine Institute
Awards & Accolades
- Awarded three Gold Amy Awards from American Marketing Association
- Named one of Animation Magazines Top 15 Web Entrepreneurs in 2000
- Brand Week's Best Use of New Media
- Google's Marketing Machine Award
- Co-investor Paid Search Engine Tools, LLC, Patent No.: U.S. 7,3043,450 B2
Recent Court Cases
DLA Piper -Expert Witness Online Defamation and Reputation Management Ahmed Vs. Kifle, Case# 1:12-cv-02697
When writing defamation opinions or providing expert witness testimony, Craig Kronenberger does so in his own personal capacity. The views expressed are his own and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer or any of his associations.
Want to become an expert witness and charge fees ranging from $150 to $600 per hour? Liz Ryan over at Forbes explains how!
Note: Any lawsuit discussed and associated information should not be considered findings of fact or liability; cort records may have been modified for readability - you can see the original court document by reviewing case 1:12-cv-02697-SCJ on Pacer's website.